Tax season can often be an exciting – and anxiety-inducing – time! You may be anticipating getting that nice lump sum of money back that you’ve overpaid throughout the year, but the process of getting a refund can prove to be a bit of a waiting game. From filing your taxes, to waiting for your refund to show up in your account – a lot of hurry up and wait is required to take the stress out of the situation. With the right preparation, knowledge, and a little bit of patience, you can make sure your tax refund is with you as soon as possible! In this article, we’ll explore how to hurry up and then wait for your tax refund.
1. Beat the Clock: Get Your Taxes in Now!
Beating the Deadline: Your taxes not done yet? Time’s running out fast! If you want to submit your taxes on time, you’ll have to make sure you GET THEM IN NOW. There are only a few days left until the deadline so you’ll need to get cracking. Here are a few tips to help you make the cut:
- Make a timeline for yourself. Break down the different tasks and set strict deadlines for each one.
- Set a regular work session and stick to it. Dedicate some time each day towards your taxes.
- Prioritize your tasks to make sure you cover the most important ones first.
- Gather all your paperwork in one place.
It might be stressful but if you follow these simple steps, you’ll have your taxes ready before you know it. You can do it!
2. Patience is a Virtue: Now is the Time to Wait
Let Go and Let Time:
Waiting out the present situation can be hard, yet sometimes peace can indeed be found in the small pockets of time. Instead of struggling to control the outcome, why not allow patience to draw us in? Let go of anxious thoughts and allow yourself to breath in the present moment. Nature will take its course, so there is no need to stand in its way. Here are some activities that may help soothe the urge to do something:
- Sit and Breathe: Take time for a mindful meditation or breathing.
- Go for a Walk: Consider going for a leisurely stroll in the park or around your neighborhood.
- Go for a Swim: Swimming can be a great way to centre yourself, and a dreamy activity to count down the days.
- Engage in a Hobby: Once the humdrum of the day awakens us, we can be on the lookout for small acts of joy.
Be Kind to Yourself:
Allow yourself to be idle and understanding. Downtime can be a method to reconnect with ourselves and to appreciate the beauty of stillness. Allow yourself to linger, to kick back and be contented with the passing of time. We can then create miracles and goodness out of patience and grace. Some suggestions for downtime include:
- Read a Book: Reading provides us with a window into another world, and can provide a fertile ground for self-introspection.
- Play a Board Game: Board games are an ideal way to keep those creative juices flowing and bring out our competitive sides, in a classy and nostalgic way.
- Do Some Crafts: Crafting is another way to get your energy out and also a path to explore your creative self.
- Cook a Meal: Cook something special. A home-cooked meal is a guaranteed way to lift the spirits.
3. Understanding the Tax Refund Process
Tax refunds can be a great way to get a little extra money back. It’s important to understand the process of filing and receiving your tax refund. Here’s a few things you should keep in mind:
- File on time: The most important thing you can do is to file your taxes before the deadline. Doing so is the first step in the process and could delay your claim.
- Claim what you’re owed: Make sure you claim all the deductions you’re allowed to, so you get the best refund possible.
- Keep an eye on your account: Monitor your bank account or the mail to keep track of any refund deposits or checks.
It’s also possible to use a tax professional if you feel more comfortable with them managing your tax refund. They can help guide you on filing and help you keep track of it. It’s important to know that they may charge you a service fee for managing the process, so it’s important to factor that in when deciding if it’s the best option for you.
4. Your Refund Is on the Way: What to Expect Next
Once you’ve requested a refund, it’s time to sit back, relax, and wait for your money. Though the wait might seem like an eternity, you’ll quickly be receiving your refund in a few simple steps:
- Your refund is processed. Your refund process will begin on the same day that you’ve requested it. Though it may take some time to fully process, you’ll soon be receiving your money back.
- You’ll receive a notification. Once your request is processed, you’ll receive a notification from us letting you know that your refund is on its way. Say goodbye to the headache of checking your bank account constantly!
In some cases, your refund might be split or delayed. Don’t worry though, as our customer service team will be there to help you out in case of any hiccups. Also, keep in mind that your return might take up to 7-14 business days to process.
It may be a long and anxious wait, but getting your tax refund back is definitely worth the hassle. When the money finally hits your bank account, you’ll be relieved and finally able to use your hard-earned funds to do the things you’ve been dreaming of. Simply remember to hurry up and then wait, and soon enough that long-awaited tax refund will be in your hands!